Objectives of NNJS
The NNJS is a central coordinating body for technical manpower and maintains links with eye hospitals and eye care centers, Government of Nepal and both national and international non-governmental organizations with regard to almost all of the eye related programs and quality control of eye care in Nepal. It plays a significant role in the evaluation and monitoring of the existing programs, mobilizes internal and external resources, involves active community participation and promotes self-reliance.
The main objectives of NNJS are as follows:
- To reduce the present prevalence of blindness (VA <3/60) from 0.35% to <0.2% and economic blindness (VA <6/60) 0.8% to 0.4% by 2020.
- To reduce incidence rate of preventable blindness by creating awareness in eye health and health seeking behaviors.
- To make available primary eye care services at local government level.
- To provide trained human resource at all levels of eye care services.
- To develop and strengthen policies, facilitate research and surveillance that ensures quality eye care services for the people of Nepal.
- To establish quality assurance system in eye care service delivery system.
- To provide comprehensive eye care services at all the eye hospitals.
- To provide basic ear care services at all levels.
News & Events26th NNJS Central Assembly Meeting held on 8th and 9th November 2019
26th NNJS Central Assembly Meeting held on 8th and 9th November 2019. The assembly approved the budget and program for...Read More »
Declaration of trachoma elimination
The Ministry of Health...Read More »